Safpro recognises their responsibility towards protecting our environment and providing a sustainable present for future generations and it is a road that we are committed to travelling on.
We are proud to have launched Project Origin to focus on delivering tangible benefit for our immediate and wider communities, including those that we affect through the reach of our supply chain and our customers.
We have set out four key pillars which embrace our principal activities
within Project Origin which fit into Safpro’s three foundations of sustainability.
Recycle your used workwear and PPE
Our Foundations of Sustainability
From internal ISO 14001 accreditation to partnering with clients to offset and measure carbon emissions. Each order has a carbon footprint and our goal is to reduce our clients’ impact on the environment.
Security of supply chain and ethical partnerships are growing responsibilities. Supporting customers with stock commitments and longevity of product contributed to your sustainability.
Providing support and creating opportunities for our clients’ local communities and our own. Strengthening client relationships by contributing to their social value. Protecting livelihoods with our supply chain partners.
Installed LED lighting throughout warehouse.
40% reduction in electricity usage and 17% reduction in gas usage.
Installed vehicle electric charging points. Removal of single use plastics in canteen areas.
Evaluated number of deliveries per order (1.15) monitor and reduce to 1.10 by mid 2022.
Achieved Carbon Neutral status for Scopes 1 and 2.
Launch of Project Origin. Launch of our Workwear & PPE recycling solution.
Commenced engagement with supply chain to work towards Scope 3 carbon reduction.
New waste segregation service implemented to reduce waste going to landfill.
Introduction of 10 new sustainable products.
Switch from 50% recycled packing boxes to 70%.
Be able to measure CO2 impact for customer deliveries.
Focus on providing clients with an alternative sustainable core product range.
Reduce our carbon offset requirement by 25% by the end of the year.
- We promise to reduce our offset by 25% by end of 2022, remaining Carbon Neutral.
- We invest in Global initiatives for tree planting, solar energy and
- We have installed electric charging points for our electric vehicles.
- We have implemented a waste and cardboard reduction programme
for our offices and distribution centre.
- All employees are paid at least the Real Living Wage.
- We have an equal opportunities policy, regardless of race or nationality.
- 5% of our staff currently are from socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Safpro will deliver 1320 hours of employee and owner time to charities in 2022.
- We have adopted a flexible working environment which allows employees
to lead a healthy work/life balance.
- Safpro have an employee engagement scheme which monitors satisfaction.
The current score is 74% and the 2022 year end target is 85%.
- We have implemented a workwear and PPE recycling scheme and will
promote this to our customers to reduce their environmental impact.
- We will introduce a range of sustainable workwear and PPE products
from late 2021.
- We are committed to introducing sustainable products to our customers
and providing regular reporting on the subsequent environmental benefit.
- We actively support our clients chosen charity activities.
- We provide end of line clothing for the homeless through a national social housing provider and to other selected charities to raise money for disabled and terminally ill children.
- The Safpro chosen charities for 2021/22 are Rapid Relief Team and Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.